Referee at the Gorham Sports Center
Thank you for your interest in officiating at the Gorham Sports Center. We partner with many local referees. We are currently seeking trained individuals who can officiate various ages/levels of recreational and competitive soccer games.
Responsibilities for all referees:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before game begins.
- Help with field preparation before the game, ensure safety around sidelines, and ensure that all equipment is in the proper location and out of the way of play (benches, goals, nets, bags, etc.).
- Make sure goals are properly counter-weighted with the orange sandbags.
- Obtain and inspect game ball before the game begins.
- Conduct player safety check before each game for proper protective gear, no loose jewelry, etc.
- Encourage teams to get on and off the field in a timely fashion.
- Make sure the field is clear of spectators and control the crowd when necessary.
- Read, understand, and enforce game rules.
- Must belong to an approved referee association and be in good standing. Dues must be paid (if applicable).
Please email us if you are interested or have any questions.